Tuesday 28 July 2009

Red, revisited.

I recently discovered oil pastels. Basically, these are posh,
lubricated crayons that one can have hours of smudgy fun with.
And much fun have I had, largely on one wall of my home that
I allow myself to scribble on. Of late, though, I've been trying
it out on paper, and here's something I did this evening.













Recognise her? It's Red Riding Hood. She's grown up now,
and has made her way out:  unafraid of the forest behind her,
and unintimidated by the demons ahead that may try to whisper
fear and doubt back into her heart.

2 comments:

Slogan Murugan said...

More please!

zohra said...

more please, indeed. interestingly, on Red Rose one of the authors has written some twisted ideas of children's tales (not necessarily the brothers Grimm, I think) you might like to visit some time. will find out and send link. I have a blog I've revived, take a look and tell me what you think.
Rohini